Buying a CRM system for your small business may seem overwhelming. There are hundreds of choices to choose from, but some may not have all the features that you need to run your business. Here’s a CRM checklist made to help small businesses figure out what features they need from their CRM. Click here for the downloadable PDF version, or read the list below.
CRM Checklist for Small Businesses
What types of problems or pain points are you trying to solve:
- Information is spread out through multiple software platforms.
- Current solutions are too expensive.
- No complete view of contact and info.
- We want to integrate our CRM with all of our different systems.
- My sales team won’t adopt the CRM.
What Contact and Sales Management features do you need in your CRM?
- Capture multiple contacts and information for each organization.
- Centralized system to manage entire sales and contact database.
- 360 degree view of customer.
- View detailed contact and lead histories with all sales activities.
- Sort, filter and group data and create custom reports.
- Segment and manage all lead and contact lists.
- Sales forecasting with opportunities and pipeline management.
- Assign contacts and leads to sales representatives.
- Help sales team prioritize opportunities and leads.
- Drag and drop calendar for calls and meetings.
- Custom email folders to organize your inbox.
What features will you need to support to your customers?
- Service contract storage.
- Linking of service contracts to accounts.
- Bug tracking.
- Automatic bug creation from cases.
- Automatic bug creation from emails.
- End-to-end case management.
- Track client interaction, resources and billable hours related to specific case and work orders.
- Automatically create articles from service cases.
What social media features do you need in your CRM?
- The ability to connect to link contacts to social media profiles.
- Ability to follow organizations social media profiles to stay up-to-date on features and news.
What marketing automation features do you want in your CRM?
- Automated lead capture from your website.
- Automated email followups and workflow.
- Mass emailing.
- The ability to create nurture email campaigns.
- Capture leads and automatically assign to salesperson or target lists.
- Understand what marketing campaigns drove the most leads and resulted in sales.
What project management features do you need for your CRM?
- Project tracking with gantt charts and multiple views.
- Project tracking with task lists.
- Assignment of projects to specific user or role.
- Resource and value of projects.
- Expected revenue of projects.
- Employee expense reports for specific projects.
- Integrated timesheet and timesheet management.
- Project templates for common types of projects.
- Shared calendars for scheduling and resource allocation.
- Calendar integration with iCal and Google Calendar.
- Read more about 1CRM for Project Management.
Do you need a mobile CRM?
- Sync your schedule and calendar across Android, iOS, Mac, Windows.
- Access lead and contact data from your mobile device.
- Manage timesheet and projects on the go.
Do you need to customize or integrate your CRM with any other systems?
- API and development support.
- Custom reporting and views.
- Customizable dashboards.
- Custom templates and document library.
- Currency and multi language support.
- Microsoft Outlook Integration.
- GoToMeeting Integration.
- Google Apps Integration.
- Skype Integration.
- DropBox Integration.
- QuickBooks CRM Integration.
- WordPress Integration.
- Joomla Integration.
- Riva CRM Integration.
- Hubspot Integration.
- Magento eCommerce Integration.
Onboarding and Implementation
- Low training time.
- Online Knowldgebase and documentation.
- Online Help Forum.
- Data Import.
- Cloud Service.
- On premise Service.
- High Rate of User Adoption.
- Free Trial (no credit card required).
- All features included in costs (no hidden fees).
- No future costs.
- Qualified support available.
- Video tutorials.
We hope this checklist helps you narrow down the field of CRM systems, but if you have any more questions please feel free and reach out to us. Also, if you think 1CRM may be the right CRM software for your small business feel free to take it for a spin with a free trial.