With Version 7.5 soon to be released, those still using Version 6.x need to upgrade today! Support for version 6.x was discontinued some time ago, due to the age of the software. In order to continue receiving support and updates, all 6.x users need to upgrade to version 7.1 ASAP.
Users remaining on versions older than 7.0 will no longer be able to receive support and updates. This is an essential step to ensure that you are getting the most out of your 1CRM system.
– Simply follow these 10 steps –
1. Clone your db and install directory – and test for sanity.
2. Get the clone to 6.7.8 revision with normal historical updates.
3. Now apply 7.0.10, then 7.0.12, then 7.1.17
4. Then open each user defined report in turn, and re-save it – and then test. Good to give it a visual inspection while open too.
5. Do the same with all workflow definitions.
6. Now edit any screen layouts that you have ever customized (for just layout changes, or for adding, renaming or removing fields) and re-do them to suit you.
7. If you had any custom code changes – they are now broken 🙂 Time to get someone that knows how to do new changes to mimic the old ones.
8. Now the system should be pretty good. Someone will have to use it and test it extensively to be sure.
9. And once you know there were no other issues (likely now several days or even a week or two after initial clone operation) then you need to go back to the beginning, likely on a Friday night, and do another clone, and repeat the entire process with an up to date db.
10. Lastly, check your dropdown lists between your updated system and the original system – you may need to add back some changes to standard option lists.
Hopefully by Monday you are live on the new system.
In the instance you are using version 6.x and are not paying for support and updates, you can get ready to upgrade to version 7.5 by requesting a quote.
Additionally, if you would like the upgrade to be completed for you, we can refer you to one of our partners in your area.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your 1CRM upgrade.